Skip to main content
Before you Begin: Know the Assignment
- What length is your final paper supposed to be?
- How many resources are required?
- What types of resources are required?
- When is the assignment due?
Before Searching: Develop a Strategy
- PRE-search several topics that you are interested in to see what kind of information is available. Will there be enough to support the assignment requirements?
- Company websites can be a good start for gathering background information & keywords, but keep in mind that they are usually there to market their services.
- Is there a way to narrow or expand your topic using keywords? These will become your search terms.
- Example Thesis: "Supporting the environment can help a business attract new customers. "
- Example Keywords: Environment, Business, Attract, Customers
- Brainstorm additional search terms by finding words with similar meanings.
- Example 1, Keyword "Business": company (similar term), Patagonia (narrower term)
- Example 2, Keywords "customers": consumers, shoppers, clients
Explore | Discover | Create
Berry Library • Room 170 Main Building • 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690 • 513-569-1606