Skip to main content
Call Number Ranges
Generally, books on marketing will be found primarily in the 658's and 659's, but may be found in other sections dealing with the specific topic (such as 647 for restraunts and hospitality).
Library of Congress (Most OhioLINK)
Most academic libraries in OhioLINK use a different classification system that is based on a combination of letters & numbers. Books specifically dealing with marketing will usually be found in the HF's between HF5410 and HF5417.5.
- Keep your keyword searches simple!
- Be sure to write down the complete "call number" of any book you may want to check out. The call number is how you can find it in the library's stacks.
- When you find a good book or article, look at the references they listed to see if there are any that would be helpful for research. You can search by "Title" to see if Cincinnati State owns a copy, or...
- If a book you want is unavailable, click the Search OhioLINK button to see if another Ohio library has it.
- Make sure you have your Surge card on you when you visit the library...that's your library card!
At Cincinnati State, you have access to over 100,000 e-books via the databases listed below. You will need to enter your name & 7 digit College ID to connect to these resources from off-campus. Not sure what your ID number is? Go to MYCSTATE & use the link for "Look Up Username/Reset Your Cincinnati State Password" to retrieve it. Watch our "Looking Up Your College ID" video for more instructions.
Oxford Scholarship Online
Contains 9,000 e-books in 20 subject areas across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law.
Humanities E-Book Project
A collection of high quality books in the field of history. These are works of major importance to historical studies—books that remain vital to both scholars and advanced students, and are frequently cited in the literature.
Wiley Online Books
Includes e-books across 17 subjects, including the Humanities, Law & Criminology, Food Sciences, the Arts, Earth Sciences, etc.
Project Gutenberg (Public)
The Internet's oldest collection of full-text electronic books, available free to everyone.
Online Books Page (Public)
A collection of more than 20,000 English language books on various subjects.
Watch & Learn: Finding Books
Check Your Library Account
You can check due dates, the status of items you've requested, & renew books online! Just go to My Library Account or follow the button below to log in to your account.
Berry Library • Room 170 Main Building • 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690 • 513-569-1606