Skip to main content
Book Options for Distance Education Students
Too far away to visit Cincinnati State's main campus to pick up books? You still have options!
- All Students have access to full-text e-books (& academic articles!) that can be accessed 24/7 with a 7 digit Cincinnati State college ID.
- Ohio Students can use OhioLINK's "pick-up anywhere" option & their Cincinnati State 7 digit ID to have books delivered to their preferred OhioLINK library, or to check out books from any OhioLINK library. Is a public library closer? You may be able to use your public library card to have OhioLINK books delivered to the library you use. Browse the list & interactive map of OhioLINK libraries to find one close to you.
- Out-of-State Students who prefer not to use e-books should check with their closest public library or state subsidized college library to obtain borrowing privileges.
Call Number Ranges
Generally, books related to Culture Studies will be found in the 301 range, but can be found throughout the 300's, including the following:
- 300's Social sciences
- 301's Sociology and Anthropology
- 302's Social Interactions
- 303's Social Processes
- 304's Factors affecting social behaviors
- 305's Social groups
- 306's Culture and institutions
- 307's Communities
Library of Congress (Most OhioLINK)
Most academic libraries in OhioLINK use a different classification system that is based on a combination of letters & numbers. Books specifically dealing with Sociology will usually be found in the HM's, but may be found throughout the entire range of H's.
At Cincinnati State, you have access to over 100,000 e-books via the databases listed below. You will need to enter your name & 7 digit College ID to connect to these resources from off-campus. Not sure what your ID number is? Go to MYCSTATE & use the link for "Look Up Username/Reset Your Cincinnati State Password" to retrieve it. Watch our "Looking Up Your College ID" video for more instructions.
Oxford Scholarship Online
Contains 9,000 e-books in 20 subject areas across the humanities, social sciences, sciences, medicine, and law.
Humanities E-Book Project
A collection of high quality books in the field of history. These are works of major importance to historical studies—books that remain vital to both scholars and advanced students, and are frequently cited in the literature.
Wiley Online Books
Includes e-books across 17 subjects, including the Humanities, Law & Criminology, Food Sciences, the Arts, Earth Sciences, etc.
Project Gutenberg (Public)
The Internet's oldest collection of full-text electronic books, available free to everyone.
Online Books Page (Public)
A collection of more than 20,000 English language books on various subjects.
Watch & Learn: Finding Books
Check Your Library Account
You can check due dates, the status of items you've requested, & renew books online! Just go to My Library Account or follow the button below to log in to your account.
Berry Library • Room 170 Main Building • 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690 • 513-569-1606