Skip to main content
Before you Begin: Know the Assignment
- What length is your final paper supposed to be?
- How many resources are required?
- What types of resources are required?
- When is the assignment due?
Before Searching: Develop a Strategy
- PRE-search several topics that you are interested in to see what kind of information is available. Will there be enough to support the assignment requirements?
- Company websites can be a good start for gathering background information & keywords, but keep in mind that they are usually there to market their services.
- Is there a way to narrow or expand your topic using keywords? These will become your search terms.
- Example Thesis: "Pre-employment testing helps companies predict job performance for prospective employees. "
- Example Keywords: Pre-employment test, performance indicators, prospective employees
- Brainstorm additional search terms by finding words with similar meanings.
- Example 1, Keyword "Pre-employment test": aptitude test, comprehension test, personality test
- Example 2, Keywords "Proespective employees": recruitment, new hires, new employees
Explore | Discover | Create
Berry Library • Room 170 Main Building • 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45223-2690 • 513-569-1606