Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Ordering Books from Outside Booksellers
In some cases, you may be able to purchase or rent books from online vendors that are cheaper than the books in the bookstore.
Make sure you consider the costs of shipping and the condition of the book when comparing book prices. When you order books online, you will need to follow up with the company or individual you order from if there are problems with your order. The following websites are independent businesses and are not endorsed by the college.
**** When you're comparing prices, keep in mind that the college bookstore may offer to match the purchase or rental price of a new book. More information can be found on the bookstore's price match guarantee page.
Compare Prices at Multiple Sites
- AllBookstores.com: Compares prices at 3 dozen bookstores and allows you to buy a book directly from its site.
- BigWords.com: Compares prices from multiple sites for buying or renting books.
Buy, Rent & Sell Books
- Amazon.com: Sells and rents new books from amazon or used books from individuals; you can also post books to sell or sell them at a reduced priced back to amazon directly.
- Half.com: All books are sold by individuals. The website tells you the condition of the book, where it ships from, and the seller's approval rating. You can also post books to sell.
- BookRenter.com: Offers book rental with an easy to use website, free shipping, and a 21 day option to return in case you drop the class.
- Chegg.com: Rents books with free shipping, a 21 day return policy, and online tutoring for some subjects; Will also buy your used textbooks from you.
Buying Books from Students
The College provides an online discussion board where students can post books to sell. You can look for books to buy by subject area.
To get there:
1. Log into MyCState
2. Click on "College Community"
3. Find the "Books for Sale/Swap" link in the Institution Discussion Board box.