Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Your Library Account
Already have your Surge Card? That's your Library Card!
Your Surge Card is your passport to checking out library books at the Cincinnati State Library, or for checking out books at ANY participating OhioLINK Library. If you don't have your Surge Card yet, you'll need to go to Student Activities to obtain one. See their web page for details at www.cincinnatistate.edu/on-campus/student-activities/surge-cards.
The library gives you free access to to hundreds of databases, making it easy for you to find scholarly articles, credible news reports, online book, & more. Most can be accessed from off-campus by following the links on our site & then entering your name & 7-digit College ID. Not sure what your ID number is? Go to MYCSTATE & use the link for "Look Up Username/Reset Your Cincinnati State Password" to retrieve it. Watch our "Looking Up Your College ID" video for more instructions.
We're MORE than just books!
Sure, we have a lot of books & our research databases are available to you 24/7, but our physical library on the main campus (Main 170) also has...
- Laptops: you can borrow a laptop for up to 2 hours of in-library use
- Public Computer Stations: for academic work
- Group Study Rooms: our 4 group study rooms are perfect for students working together on presentations, cramming for exams, or practicing presentations
- Quiet Study: avoid distractions & get your work done in peace
- Save some Money: see if your instructor has placed your required text "on reserve" at the library. If so, you can use it in the library for up to 2 hours at a time
- Take a Break: browse our wide selection of popular magazines & newspapers between your classes
- Free Printing: the $18. of free prints loaded on your Surge card can be used by printing from the library's laptops or public computer stations (currently, it is not possible to send print jobs from privately-owned laptops)
- Watch a Movie: you can check out our fiction dvds to take home with you, or watch one of our academic films in the library
- Borrow an Audiobook: make your next road trip more enjoyable by checking out one of our audiobooks on CD
Online Library Open 24/7
Our librarians are available during Virtual Help Hours to answer questions on how to search our 24/7 online resources, including articles, eBooks, & streaming videos!
Main 170: Open to the College Community
The physical Library, located in Main 170, is open for drop-in use, study room reservations, computing, & Library PickUp:
- Mon-Thurs: 10:00 am – 3:00 pm